I’m documenting the journey I’m taking to make $1 million in real estate. Stay tuned for updates as I add to this page regularly!
Think I missed something? Have a question or comment? Reach out to us!
- Made the decision we wanted to get into real estate full time
- Yonks and MrsYonks co-wrote the white paper for BMT.guide
- Signed up for the real estate license exam (116 hours, virtually)
- Got interested in wholesaling houses also
- Launched 3 investment clubs in Colorado, Ohio, and Tennessee
- Joined the Central Ohio Real Estate Entrepreneurs (COREE) and started to listening to their weekly “Haves and Wants” call.
- Started publishing our weekly income report
- Finished the white paper for BMT.guide
- Started watching calls on real estate wholesaling from https://freewholesaling.com. Learned a ton about:
- Driving for Dollars (driving around neighborhoods, looking for ugly houses)
- Reverse driving for dollars (pulling a list of people who might be motivated sellers and going to them)
- How to close or double-close
- How to write an assignment contract
- How to skip trace
- How to find cash buyers
- Took action:
- Filed a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) Request for water shutoffs. Found out that’s considered private info in Colorado. Not available for a pull. Tried again in Las Vegas.
- Filed a FOIA request for the code violation list in my community.
- Took action:
- Reached out The Short Term Shop, the country’s top STR rental real estate firm, to join the team
- Met their founder, WSJ Top 100 realtor, Avery Carl for a 1:1
- Reached out to Jaime Resendez, an eXp real estate coach and digital marketing expert
- Reached out to Suzy Truax, one of the top producers, top recruiters, and top influencers at eXp. Did 2 interviews with her, realized she is a top crypto and real estate expert, and signed up for her to be my sponsor.
- Took my South Dakota real estate state and national broker exam in Lexington, KY. Didn’t realize I was supposed to take the simulation too. Had to drive to Cheyenne, WY.
- Got fingerprinted. They sent the wrong cards. Had to get printed again.
- Started studying for the CO real estate exam.
- Bought some crypto domains and started thinking about branding for when my license gets issued.
- Sent out hundreds of letters, post cards, and made calls and texted for wholesaling houses.
- Got several cartoonish responses – people wanting 5-10x full market value for their houses.
- Added a driver / business partner in Washington State to look for houses that might be for sale.
- Hired a marketing firm to help me attract people who might want to sell.